Capilano University has a CapUSafe app, a free mobile toolkit, and emergency notification centre. This app will enhance campus safety by quickly connecting subscribers to available safety services and by allowing the University to send emergency notifications and alerts. CapUSafe app is free and recommended for CapU students, employees and campus visitors.
The University is always looking for ways to make sure every student, employee or visitor feels safe on campus, and this mobile technology is a very useful tool to ensure everyone receives immediate communication and support in the case of emergency.
CapU Safe allows subscribers to:
- Phone Campus Security and/or 911 with the touch of a button
- Email Campus Security his/her location
- Arrange for a SafeWalk to their car
- Sound a loud alarm
- Report suspicious behavior and/or send a photo
- Download emergency preparedness procedures (e.g. earthquake, fire, bear sighting, etc.)
Interactive, built-in features and a user-friendly design make it easy for all students, staff and campus guests to access safety resources, such as a flashlight, emergency contacts and campus maps.
In the event there is an emergency or a campus closure (e.g. snow days, power outage), the University will use the app to update the campus community via push notifications.