Welcome to the Capilano University Writing Centre
The Writing Centre, which has been in operation since 1985, is open to all Capilano University students, faculty, and staff. We offer drop-in consultations with instructors from the English Department. Our objective is to help Capilano students write clearly, logically, and effectively in their fields of study. Students from all subject areas at Capilano are welcome - we offer assistance to students at any level of writing ability from beginning to advanced, and at any stage of their writing assignments from ideas for getting started to fine-tuning a final draft.
Students! These are the resources we offer you:
- a drop-in centre where you can work on your writing assignments with faculty who are available to answer your questions and offer feedback and instruction. Since many university writing assignments are based on reading, we also offer assistance with reading those texts,
- a large collection of information handouts and exercises on many aspects of writing such as using commas correctly, using MLA or APA styles of documentation, or how to write a psychology paper,
- a computer lab with 20 computers and a printer,
- an online Ask an Instructor service,
- an extensive collection of dictionaries and reference books on grammar, composition, language, literature, and research,
- a bookable meeting room for students doing group work,
- a quiet work space with natural light and fresh air.
The Writing Centre - Summer 2018 Hours
Session I: May 14, to June 29, 2018
|Monday||10 a.m.–4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m–2:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m|
|Thursday||10 a.m.–2 p.m.|
Session II: July 9, to August 24, 2018
|Tuesday||11 a.m.–1 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m.–1 p.m.|
Fir, room FR402 (southwest corner of the building)
First Nations Writing Centre (KÉXWUSM-ÁYAKN):
The Kéxwusm-áyakn (First Nations) Writing Centre will be closed for the Summer term reopening for Fall 2018 in September.
Library, room LB196 (Kéxwusm-áyakn (First Nations) Student Centre)