Motion Picture Arts Diploma
Fine & Applied Arts, School of Motion Picture Arts
This program does not accept applications. However students can apply to the Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree and work towards earning this credential.
- Apply the creative principles a writer uses to develop a screenplay and critique scripts for production purposes.
- Execute basic film directing skills, including conceiving a visual strategy for telling a story using motion picture arts, working with actors, and leading a film crew.
- Design and produce sophisticated short independent films while employing protocols of professional film set procedures and advanced technical skills in a professional manner.
- Schedule and budget the pre-production, production, and post-production of short independent films.
- Have a basic understanding of cinematic history.
Total credits: 31.00
|ENGL 100||University Writing Strategies||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 100||Technical Directing||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 102||Cinematography Foundation||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 103||Production Design I||1.50 credits|
|MOPA 104||Introduction to Producing||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 106||Screenwriting I||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 108||Introduction to Post-Production||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 110||MOPA Project #1||2.00 credits|
|MOPA 115||Professional Development I||1.50 credits|
|MOPA 118||Production and Post-Production||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 120||MOPA Project #2||2.00 credits|
|ENGL or CMNS 100-level or higher||3.00 credits|
Total credits: 31.50
|MOPA 201||The Director's Craft||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 206||Screenwriting II||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 207||Technical Motion Picture Arts||5.00 credits|
|MOPA 209||Advanced Digital Editing||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 210||MOPA Project #3||6.00 credits|
|MOPA 211||American Cinema||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 213||Production Design II||1.00 credits|
|MOPA 217||Sound Design for Film and Video||1.50 credits|
|MOPA 220||Line Producing and Production Management||3.00 credits|
|Choose 3.00 credits of electives|
|100-level or higher breadth elective||3.00 credits|
Total program credits: 62.50