Motion Picture Arts Certificate
Fine & Applied Arts, School of Motion Picture Arts
This program does not accept applications. However students can apply to the Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree and work towards earning this credential.
- Describe the motion picture production process and demonstrate an introductory understanding of the roles of producer, director, production designer, writer and various crew positions on the set.
- Successfully demonstrate at an entry level the scripting, development, production design, pre-production, production, post-production and delivery of short dramatic narrative independent films in a collaborative manner utilizing professional standard communication skills, protocols and techniques.
- Apply appropriate management practices and procedures including the computational, intuitive, creative and technical skills involved in screenplay development, breakdown, scheduling and budgeting for small-scale projects.
- Demonstrate keys to success, including attitude, teamwork, set etiquette, human/public relations, professional behaviour and self-marketing in the established and emerging motion picture industry sectors.
- Understand how aesthetic engagement can enable them to make cultural contributions through the effective use of media.
Total credits: 18.00
|ENGL 100||University Writing Strategies||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 100||Technical Directing||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 102||Cinematography Foundation||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 104||Introduction to Producing||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 106||Screenwriting I||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 108||Introduction to Post-Production||3.00 credits|
Total credits: 13.00
|MOPA 103||Production Design I||1.50 credits|
|MOPA 110||MOPA Project #1||2.00 credits|
|MOPA 115||Professional Development I||1.50 credits|
|MOPA 118||Production and Post-Production||3.00 credits|
|MOPA 120||MOPA Project #2||2.00 credits|
|ENGL or CMNS 100-level or higher||3.00 credits|
Total program credits: 31.00