Animation Fundamentals Citation
Fine & Applied Arts, School of Motion Picture Arts
The Animation Fundamentals Citation introduces students to the process of creating traditional and computer animation.
In this program you'll learn and practice animation techniques through hands-on exercises.
The program covers drawing for animation, design, animation principles and digital animation.
- Design and prepare a portfolio of artwork suitable for applying to a full-time post-secondary animation program
- Produce a portfolio that integrates the principles, techniques and skills acquired in their coursework
- Develop introductory level competencies in the areas of character and location design, life-drawing and animation
- Demonstrate the knowledge, dedication and work ethic required to be a successful member of a creative team
- Create a future career plan of action to by continually developing a portfolio through learning and practice
Application & Document Deadline
Course Registration & Waitlisting
Fee Payment Deadline
NOTE: Dates are subject to change.
- BC Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent; or Mature Student status. Applicants who have not graduated must be at least 18 and have completed Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Capilano English Language Requirement for students whose primary language is not English: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): paper=560, internet=83, or English Language Assessment (ELA)=145, or International English Language Testing System (Academic IELTS)=6.5 overall, and no one score less than 6, or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)=70, or Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)=56 or Capilano University EAP 100 and 101 with a minimum B+ grade in each course.
- Interview and portfolio
Have questions about this program? Get in touch with an admissions advisor.