Accounting Assistant Certificate
Business & Professional Studies, School of Business
CapU opens the door to opportunities.
The eight-month Accounting Assistant Certificate program trains students in accounting, bookkeeping, computer applications and office procedures; and prepares students for the workplace.
You'll also participate in a 2-week work practicum with a local company.
- Prepare business emails, letters and memos using fundamental principles of grammar, punctuation, and written communication skills so that the message is clearly transmitted.
- Apply basic math skills in the computation of the numerical aspects of business situations.
- Analyze and record basic accounting transactions accurately and thoroughly for different types of business organizations.
- Operate Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint as software tools to be used in a business setting.
- Record accounting transactions using a variety of computerized accounting programs.
- Produce an effective team project which links high-performance team and group concepts.
- Use their resume, letters of application, interviewing techniques and other job strategies to seek employment and complete a two week practicum placement.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change.
Total credits: 15.00
Students must achieve a minimum of a "B" grade in the final exam of BTEC 117 to continue in this program.
|BTEC 111||Business English I||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 115||Business Systems and Procedures||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 117||Accounting Procedures I||3.00 credits|
|Choose 6.00 credits from the following list|
|BTEC 124||Comprehensive Computer Applications||6.00 credits|
|BTEC 125||Comprehensive Computer Applications I||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 126||Comprehensive Computer Applications II||3.00 credits|
Total credits: 15.00
|BTEC 149||Financial Computer Applications||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 211||Business Writing||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 217||Accounting Procedures II||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 220||Accounting Procedures III||1.50 credits|
|BTEC 252||Organizational Behaviour||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 300||Accounting Assistant Practicum||1.50 credits|
|Choose from the following list|
|BTEC 112||Language Skill Development||1.50 credits|
Total program credits: 30.00
Course Registration & Waitlisting
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 27 4 p.m.
Note: Dates are subject to change.
BC Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent; or Mature Student status
SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency) test for EAP students (post-secondary level required).
Applicants are required to attend an information meeting or make an appointment with a faculty member or program convenor.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).
Have questions about this program? Get in touch with an admissions advisor.