Accounting Assistant Certificate
Business & Professional Studies, School of Business
CapU opens the door to opportunities.
The eight-month Accounting Assistant Certificate program trains students in accounting, bookkeeping, computer applications and office procedures; and prepares students for the workplace.
You'll also participate in a 2-week work practicum with a local company.
- Prepare business emails, letters and memos using fundamental principles of grammar, punctuation, and written communication skills so that the message is clearly transmitted
- Apply basic math skills in the computation of the numerical aspects of business situations
- Analyze and record basic accounting transactions accurately and thoroughly for different types of business organizations
- Operate Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint as software tools to be used in a business setting
- Record accounting transactions using a variety of computerized accounting programs
- Produce an effective team project which links high-performance team and group concepts
- Use their resume, letters of application, interviewing techniques and other job strategies to seek employment and complete a two week practicum placement
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Program Requirements and Outlines
Students must achieve a minimum of a "B" grade in the final exam of BTEC 117 to continue in this program.
|BTEC 111||Business English I||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 115||Business Systems & Procedures||0.00 credits|
|BTEC 117||Accounting Procedures I||0.00 credits|
|Choose 6.00 credits from the following list:|
|BTEC 124||Comprehensive Computer Appl.||0.00 credits|
|BTEC 125||Comprehensive Computer Apps I||0.00 credits|
|BTEC 126||Comprehensive Computer Apps II||0.00 credits|
|First Term Credits Required||15.00|
|BTEC 149||Financial Computer Appl.||0.00 credits|
|BTEC 211||Business Writing||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 217||Accounting Procedures II||0.00 credits|
|BTEC 220||Accounting Procedures III||0.00 credits|
|BTEC 252||Organizational Behaviour||3.00 credits|
|BTEC 300||Accounting Assistant Practicum||1.50 credits|
|Second Term Credits Required||15.00|
|Choose from the following list:|
|BTEC 112||Language Skill Development||1.50 credits|
Application & Document Deadline
Course Registration & Waitlisting
Fee Payment Deadline
NOTE: Dates are subject to change.
- BC Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent; or Mature Student status
- SLEP (Secondary Level English Proficiency) test for EAP students (post-secondary level required).
- Applicants are required to attend an information meeting or make an appointment with a faculty member or program convenor.